So, you have a pendulum! And you’ve mastered the basics of pendulum use, now what questions do you ask it? If you’re reading this and have not worked with a pendulum at all before, start with this page on how to properly ask questions. This page is all about types of questions to ask your pendulum, and getting daily insight. This should get you comfortable and connected to your pendulum.
Disclaimer: This post may affiliate links. If you buy something from the links, I will receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Pendulums are amazing for giving you quick answers, especially when it comes to yes/no. The first thing to remember is to ensure that you are asking yes/no questions for your pendulum. The questions in this guide will be more for day-to-day. If you’re looking for other topics, check out Pendulms 101 or the Pendulum page for more types of questions or other uses for your pendulum!
Don’t have a pendulum and are looking for information before buying one? This Etsy shop has a great selection!
These questions are aimed at people beginning to use a pendulum, wanting to discover their intuition a bit more.
Can’t get your pendulum to move at all with any of these questions? Here’s a handy page for troubleshooting if your pendulum won’t move at all: What to do when your pendulum isn’t moving.
Pendulums can be asked just about anything! Be sure to start by only asking questions of yourself, not of other people unless you have explicit permission of that person. Also, if it’s a sensitive topic, ask your pendulum permission to ask about those questions before questioning further. Read more about questions to not ask your pendulum here.
Before Asking Questions
A few things to remember before we get into this:
Ensure that you are working with white light before asking questions. Try to clear your head, ensuring there are no biases present either, and try to only use yes/no questions with one question being asked at a time! If there’s too much, split the question into separate questions so the pendulum can answer to the best of it’s abilities. If you’re not, cleanse yourself and come to a place of being with guides. Do this with sage, or you can use your pendulum in a cleansing ritual.
Phrase your questions in the form of “all things considered, is it optimal” or something similar for the least amount of bias, and so everything is taken into account.
If you want more specific answers or would rather have a set yes/no, you can always use a pendulum board/chart for assistance using a pendulum! I’ve created an article on when to use a pendulum board you can read here for more information: When to use a Pendulum Chart.
Day to Day Questions
- Travel Plans
- Where to travel
- How to travel – by car, fly, bus, train…
- When to travel – specific dates
- When to book a flight or other details of the trip (the day you intend to book them, not the day you intend to be there)
- What day to book the flight, accommodation, or other information on (deciding what day to be there for)
- Daily things
- What you should eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Plans for the day – go to the movies, a walk, bike ride…
- Create your schedule – what you should do first, second, third
- Buying Items
- If it’s the optimal time to buy something
- What is the optimal item to purchase
- When you should purchase it
- Where to buy from
- Creative Projects
- Colours to use
- Type of project to make
- When to make it
- Contacting Someone
- Figuring out if it’s a good idea message your ex or not
- Emailing a person about a potential job – if, when, by phone, email…
- Getting in touch with a long-lost friend
- If it’s the right day to plant outside (or what day will be better)
- How long to cook something for
- If something happens in your life, how to react to it: talk about it, work through it on your own…
- To big worldwide events, or donating money to big causes/which cause to donate to, how much.
Bigger Questions To Ask your Pendulum
- Ask about your pendulum! What it’s here to help you with (you can also do a pendulum interview with your tarot deck for assistance or interview your pendulum just with your pendulum!)
- Learn about your past lives with a pendulum: Discovering your Past Life with a Pendulum
- Which childhood (or other time in your life) traumas are still affecting you today: Working Through Childhood Trauma with a Pendulum
- What spiritual guides (or angels) you have there to help you: Meeting your Spiritual Guides with a Pendulum
Really with these lists, I’m trying to help you understand that almost anything can be asked about! Once you’ve mastered asking the basic questions, it’s easy to ask your pendulum for assistance with any questions you may not have an answer to.